Battery operated Dosing Module
- Accreditation BBA
Features & Benefits
- Compact automatic dosing system
- Easy to install and operate with no water connection required
- Affordable, easy to manage and easy to clean with built in alarm to remind you to replace fluid
- Meets Building Regulations for an effective means of grease removal
- Most powerful, multi-strain, bio-fluid of its type - degrades FOGs into simple molecules that cannot reform or solidify
- Bio-fluid is 100% natural and safe
- Use alone or with grease traps
- Reduce the need for grease trap cleaning by over 50% - saving money!
- Less chance of foul odours and less chance of attracting vermin and pests
- Environmentally responsible
- MATERIAL / COLOUR / DESCRIPTION Compact white ABS plastic dosing module with audible alarm.
- WEIGHT 3.4 Kg (without fluid box fitted) 8.9 Kg (with fluid box fitted)
- SPECIAL NOTES GreasePak is a drain maintenance system, not a drain unblocking system.
- IMPORTANT: Existing drains must be cleaned and pressure washed prior to installation. Failure to do this could result in dislodged fat and grease blocking the drains further downstream. It may be necessary to install more than one GreasePak system in a kitchen if multiple grease risk areas are identified.
- Care & maintenance: GreasePak is designed to be easy to clean. Never use abrasives or harsh cleaning chemicals and bleach.
- IMPORTANT: To ensure best performance from GreasePak, DO NOT introduce bleach or other harsh chemicals into the drainage system as the effectiveness of the GreasePak fluid will be compromised. Avoid using cleaning products containing biocide, limonene and terpenes.
- SITE REQUIREMENTS There is no need to prepare a site for installation of a GreasePak unit. It can be situated where needed as long as the installation advice in the Operator Manual is followed. The location of the GreasePak system is important for optimum performance and drains must be cleaned and pressure washed prior to installation.
- RECOMMENDED USE Ideal for sites wanting to prevent the recurrence of drain blockages from fats, oils and grease (FOGs) including starches, and to help meet legislative demands.
- HOW DOES THE GREASEPAK WORK?
The GreasePak unit delivers a daily dose of bio-fluid into the drain. The specially formulated bio-fluid degrades fats, oils & grease (FOGs). Grease build up is prevented and your drains stay clear and odour-free.
- DOES GREASEPAK HAVE ANY ACCREDITATION?
Yes, GreasePak is the only bioremediation system to be BBA-approved
- WILL THE GREASEPAK UNIT TAKE UP ANY FLOOR SPACE?
No, GreasePak is a self-contained wall-mounted unit so it takes up no floor space.
- CAN I USE IT WITH A GREASE TRAP?
Yes, GreasePak can work on its own or in conjunction with a grease trap.
- IS THE FLUID ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY?
Yes, GreasePak bio-fluid is an environmentally friendly Class 1 biodegradable product that degrades FOGs into smaller, simpler molecules that cannot reform or solidify. The degraded products are then further digested by the bacterial population or are quickly washed away
- WHY IS THE UNIT ALARM SOUNDING?
GreasePak units are fitted with an alarm, which will sound when it is time to replace the fluid.
- HOW SHOULD I CLEAN MY DOSING UNIT?
GreasePak dosing units are designed to be easy to clean, simply wipe over with a clean disposable cloth and fresh water. Do not use bleach, harsh cleaning chemicals or abrasives
- I HAVE LOST THE KETS FOR MY DOSING MODULE, CAN I GET REPLACEMENTS?
Yes. The keys for all dosing units are interchangeable. Please contact Mechline or your dealer for a replacement set.
- CAN I CHANGE THE TIME WHEN THE UNIT DOSES THE BIO-FLUID INTO THE DRAIN?
The dosing module is factory set to dose at 1:00am, when there is little or no water flow, allowing the bacteria time to do their work. However this can be changed by removing the front cover under the unit door and following the instructions on the label inside. Unscrew and pull the front cover downwards to remove.
- HOW LONG DOES THE BATTERY LAST?
The battery should last around 2 years. When the battery needs replacing the 'Low Battery' warning light will begin to flash. It will only flash between the hours of 07:00 - 20:00 when someone is likely to be around to see it, in order to preserve power. Contact Mechline or your dealer for a replacement battery pack (part number GP-BP) as soon as you see the ÔLow BatteryÕ light flashing. If your dosing module has the words ÔPower OnÕ on the front cover, then it is the optional mains-powered model and will not require the battery changing