These simple guidelines will significantly help to maintain free flowing pipes both within the drains of the premises and in the sewerage system.
1. Wipe and scrape plates, pans and utensils before washing (and put the waste into the bin).
2. Collect waste oil in a suitable secure container.
3. Arrange for oil to be collected by a licensed waste contractor.
4. Use strainers in sink plug holes (and empty contents into the bin).
5. Maintain grease traps & enzyme dosing equipment regularly.
6. Do not put cooking fat, oil or grease down the sink.
7. Do not pour waste fat, oil or grease down the drain.
8. Do not put food scrapings into the sink (place them in the rubbish bin).
9. Do not sweep waste into floor drains (place it in the rubbish bin).
10. Do not pour boiling hot water down the sink to try to dissolve fat and grease. It does not work!
Download a free grease guidance poster for commercial kitchens here.
Visit www.greasepak.com to find out more about grease management including biological dosing for commercial kitchens.
Join the conversation #fatoilgrease @MechlineLtd